Thursday, December 4, 2014

Little Round Table Re-do

This little round table was found on a trip to Victoria, B.C. by my mom. She has a wonderful source for antiques and can't resist bringing home some lovely small tables to nestle in the shop. Some are more loved than others and need a little TLC. This particular table was pretty rough on the top-the veneer was chipping away. 


It had such great detail around the top and the legs I couldn't NOT tackle this lady with Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan!


I wanted to do something interesting to the top to hide the blemishes and it would give me an opportunity to play with Annie's layered random all over stencil technique. My assistant started with a base coat of Paloma...


Once dry I worked with the Paloma as the starting point for the stencil color, mixing in a little Old White, Coco, and Emile Chalk Paint® to get the light and dark tones. I moved the stencil around in no particular pattern and made sure to overlap and hang off the edges in some places. 


A coat of clear wax to finish and then some dark wax to soften the contrast and bring out the details. 


The Paloma makes a lovely backdrop for the gold tones in our glitzy birds for holiday and our always popular Goldleaf body products--available at our shop Heather Creek.



Thanks for looking!

Danielle

1 comment: